GP Negligence Claims
General Practitioners (GPs) are governed by the same rules as medical professionals based in hospitals, and other medical centres. These guidelines are known as NICE guidelines (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence). GPs are often the first medical professional we go to when we feel unwell. They must be able to diagnose our symptoms and/or act on those symptoms in order for us to be appropriately treated. Patients do receive positive experiences from their GP but this is not always the case. Unfortunately, some GP can miss the signs and make mistakes.
Examples of GP negligence claims can include:
- Failing to refer to hospital for cancer investigations
- Failing to carry out proper tests during the appointment
- Not carrying out an adequateexamination
- Not considering a patient’s medical history properly
- Failing to refer to an appropriate specialist
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Failing to diagnose a heart condition leading to a heart attack
As GPs have such regular contact with patients it is even more important that any mistakes which occur, lessons are learnt. It is also important that as a victim of GP negligence you receive the compensation that you deserve. This compensation can make a difference to your life. It can help with the costs of rehabilitation and help you to obtain aids and equipment you might need.
If you have suffered as a result of negligence by a GP then we can help. We act on a No Win No Fee basis which means there you do not have to pay any fees if you are unsuccessful with your claim. For a free initial consultation contact us online or on Freephone 0808 196 2773